Sunday, August 17, 2014

About Those Freak Single Tracks


My tracking knowledge and abilities have changed based on my sighting.
After considerable effort searching online...I found this drawing. I don't know who the artist is...but this exact, and I mean exact Bigfoot is running around in my research area! He is about 7.5 feet tall and Id say around...425-450 lbs. He leaves a 15-16 inch track. He is physically capable of speeds that are "Not" of the human capability, And I can say that confidently because I have seen him in action. He cleared an impossibly long jump, at least 27-30 feet, FROM the water out in the swamp all the way across the "Old Indian Town Trail" we were hiking on. He then nailed the landing, with no sound or vibration at all that I heard or felt. This was right in front of me on the trail about 75 yards or so dead ahead. He landed on the right side of the trail just behind a cabbage palm. He turned and faced me, and from behind the fingers of a single cabbage palm frond that was about 6 feet off the ground at the branch that was poking out onto the trail...he carefully leaned out, partially revealing his right shoulder, right chest muscle and his head and face.
We eyed each other for a second, I was slack-jawed, dumbfounded. I was not expecting to see some grey thing with a human type skull and hairdo, to say the least. He was incredible. My son's sighting in Myakka was of a completely different type, the big, black, gigantic Sasquatch with the huge barrel chest and apex skull.
Anyway the most amusing part of these few seconds in hindsight is that that he seemed to think his legs were not in view and that he was concealed....they were not, they were in plain view below the frond he was leaning out from.
He leaned out from behind the frond, checked and me out, at which point...I grabbed my partners shoulder and looked at him for one second, even less than one second. I shouted "Turn the camera on" when I looked up again a second later...he was gone. Yes we found tracks, no they weren't cast-able, one was in a dip in the trail filled with grass and water up ahead a'ways and the other was in a real big ant pile. There is no question, I know what I saw. I have on several occasions in the past, and will continue...to confront and rebuke any ridiculous explanations or skepticism over my observational skills and mental stability in the matter. I have been attacked on multiple occasions by individuals that are consistently re-stating typical, ignorant, skeptical rhetoric, like it has any bearing on reality in the first place, especially my reality, with the obvious intention of invalidating, or discrediting my sighting. I have had to re-evaluate my research belief system as a direct result of this event.
4 or 5 seconds that changed my understanding of the species. Namely, their potential for incredibly superior physical capabilities. Now, on to the really good stuff.
This event provided a rational and probable explanation for most of the "Single" tracks I have found. Let me explain;
When tracking prior to this incident my general, and rather naive assumptions in the field were based on most other people's descriptions of the activity and behaviors they witnessed during their encounters especially my son's sighting, the lumbering off, or simply casual vibe they gave off like "Yeah, I know you see me, I could care less, I'm leavin and you mean nothing."
They appeared to be calm, cautious and rather shy. Simply walking off calmly like it was no big deal the "Human" caught a glimpse.
So..when tracking...my understanding of what they are actually physically capable of was limited to the framework of those assumptions. For example; I found a single track one time in Myakka when I first started my field research, my assumptions about the 50-70 inch step length hindered my tracking ability. In these circumstances and on several other occasions I was baffled and thinking where did it go? I questioned the validity of the track. I looked around the area, but certainly not far enough out of my tracking grid. My mind went to the supernatural explanations I have heard from several people. I have no reference to comment on that aspect of what they say, so I wont comment on that, but here's what I really think is going on in my area anyway;
The assumption that it was simply "walking" inhibited my ability to "effectively" follow his trail. My sighting and the speed, power and agility that I witnessed that day has shown me that I needed to expand my concentric search grid on a single track from 4-8 feet, to 4-30 feet in all directions.
It is not only possible, but probable based on what I saw, that when we are in the field in our areas, and we find a "Single" "Lone" track, especially when it is deep in a very hard substrate, a substrate our own weight leaves almost no impression, and we cannot locate the next sign, we are probably viewing physical evidence of this particular specimens leaping ability. They will, based on what I have seen with my own two eye's, jump a considerable distance, 20-30 feet, land on one foot, create the single track anomaly, and from that one foot only, bound into the surrounding cover several YARDS away. If this sound off, compare what I witnessed to the greatest running backs in the history of the NFL, their power, speed and agility. Now..multiply the man himself "Barry Sanders" by 3 in every department, size, power muscle, bone structure and you should get the picture. They morphology of what I saw was exactly that. The power, speed and agility I witnessed was 100% relative to his size, bone structure and musculature. If Barry Sanders could jump and cut the way he could with a football...yards at a time in any direction at his height, weight and musculature, then you do the math about how capable these big boys are that are running around in our swamps. There is no problem comprehending this comparison and putting serious stock in these morphological comparisons.
How all this applies to you, your tracking and your field research-depends on whether or not you are truly interested in trying to explain how it is that you can be in the middle of the most inhospitable places in the state of Florida and stumble upon a Single, solitary track, with no other evidence and be standing there going, "What?" The next time you run into this, and you will run into this again, trust me-expand your tracking grid concentrically by what seems to be a ridiculous distance, take your time and carefully examine every single inch of that concentric grid not only in the direction the track leads, but all of it, you will be surprised at what you find. Most times in my area, I find the single track thing is near thicker brush in the direction the track is leading and it gets difficult to find the signs in heavier off trail stuff, the sign may be as subtle as a single weed branch that got pinned under it's foot, but that, with the single track, can pay off with your first sighting, and maybe even a close up encounter. Trust me when I say, they are not counting on you being able to track them, they will sit and watch you from a short distance, you start heading in the right direction all of the sudden, and you could force a movement up ahead of you.
I hope this made some sense and helps you like it has helped me. later...Zaskey

Subscribe, contact us and get off the sidelines. Put you money where your mouth is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get active!